First Class Pre-K
Register from January 15 - March 10
- First Class Pre-K programs are accepting online pre-registration applications for the 2023-2024
school year beginning January 15th. (If you need assistance with accessing the online application,
contact the localschool/program.)
- Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/23* who are residents of
Alabama. (Children who are eligible for kindergarten are not eligible for pre-k.)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate. (It may be uploaded into the online
pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program.)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or
mortgage. (It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility for
attending a program at a particular school. (Contact the school for attendance zone information.)
- There is no registration fee for First Class Pre-K programs.
- Upon enrollment, a child’s immunization record must be provided to the school or program.
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or