Welcome to the Home Page of Ariton Purple Cat Athletics
Ariton Athletics is honored to be associated with several valued community members.
- In memory of the teams long-time doctor, the football stadium proudly carries the name, Robert F Zumstein Stadium. For many years, Dr. Zumstein walked the sidelines and traveled with the football team to every away game.
- The softball field complex houses two fields. The first field is named Laney/Miller Field in memory of Mr. Joe Laney and Mr. Jabo Miller. Mr. Laney was a long-time Ariton postmaster and once a professional baseball player with the St. Louis Cardinals. Mr Miller was instrumental is developing the Recreational League for the city. Field 2 carries the name Billy C Herring Field. Mr. Herring served as mayor for many years and has always been a dedicated servant to Ariton Athletics.
- The baseball field has the honor of being called Thad Dansby Field, in memory of Mr. Thad Dansby. Thad, a young man diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy, loved baseball and served at the team's statistician for many years.
- The concession stand at the baseball field was recently named Marc Bell Concession Stand . Marc has served all Ariton Athletics concessions stands with his hours behind a grill. No one can attend a game without that tempting smell coming from his grill.
- And, of course, no pep rally is complete without handing out the "Mr. Fred Award" to the class with the most school spirit. Mr. Fred Holmes was one of the biggest and loudest Ariton football fans ever. His "Gooooooooooooo Purple Cats" still echos in the football stadium.
Each of these individuals have played a major part in Ariton athletics and each holds a special place in our hearts.